Thursday, May 14, 2009
When Out And About
One of the main problems I could foresee was going out and about with a potty training baby. Sure, at home it's easy, but when you're away there are several factors: nasty public bathrooms, lack of changing tables in said nasty public bathrooms, and baby being unfamiliar with/scared of the public toilets. The answer, I found, lies in the Potty On The Go. Here are the great things about it:
1. It's small and compact because it folds flat, which means you can easily have it in the car. We routinely used it with our son in the back floorboard of a Grand Prix, to give you an idea of how small it is.
2. The carrying case allows you to discreetly carry it with you into a public restroom. (Just be sure to pack a changing mat, which is not included.)
3. Your baby's "business" goes into a disposable plastic bag. It comes with a few really sturdy plastic bags, but I've found you can use those cheapo 4 gallon trash bags without any problems. The plastic bags are nice because it eliminates washing a potty or having to dump it somewhere.
4. The potty is very sturdy, which is good with a wriggling baby in cramped quarters.
5. It's very easy to clean, and it's also easy to change the bags out. It's made of high quality hard plastic. We've been using ours for about 2 1/2 years now, and it still works the same as it did the day we bought it.
6. In a pinch or while camping, it can also be used by adults!