Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Infant Potty Training At Age One Year


It's so hard to believe, but my darling daughter is turning one in a few days. If you're wondering what infant potty training looks like at one, then this blog is for you!

Misses: We have about 2 pee misses a week, but sometimes more if she happens to be teething. Last week we had a bit of a missy week with her waking up and peeing before we got her out of the bed. Poo misses are extremely rare, maybe once per month. It usually happens when I think to myself "wow, I can't remember the last time we've had a poop miss."

Independence: She's still very dependent on us realizing she needs to go and then taking her. This is partially my fault, because I don't have her little potty out where she could just walk over and sit on it, and also, I could be encouraging her to walk to the toilet, but I carry her instead. That's what we'll be focusing on in the coming weeks/months.

Frequency: She still goes about once per night, twice after waking, once after her nap, and then after feeding. We always give her an opportunity to go right before we go somewhere and before putting her in her high chair.

Potty Places: Her favorite by far is the padded potty seat, though she still will use the Potty on the Go, and the Bebe Jou potty when needed. We rarely hold her over the sink now, because she's 22 lbs, and that's a whole lotta baby to hold!

Sign Language: She does the signs for: all done, poop, daddy, nurse, please, bye, brother, fish, more, and dog.

If any of you are thinking about doing IPT but are afraid that it might delay development, consider that my daughter crawled at 4/5 months, and walked at 10 1/2 months. She's starting to talk, and interacts very well. And look at how cute she is!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    Very encouraging update! I'm glad all is going well. Enjoy her first birthday party!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete