Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sometimes Babies Give Weird Signals

I know I've talked before about how a baby signals you when she needs to go to the bathroom. She might turn red, or start grunting, or if you've taught her sign language, she might even start signing that she needs the potty.

But every baby is different, and sometimes, babies just start doing things that are downright weird. For example, I have noticed that when my daughter crawls under our desks and just sits there, that means that she needs to go use the potty. Now, maybe it's not so weird. Maybe she just knows she can go there to get my attention if I happen to be on the computer.

The point is, be on the lookout for unconventional signs that your baby needs to go. It might seem weird to you, but there's a good chance that from your baby's perspective, it makes perfect sense.

I could also do a related post about how it might seem perfectly logical to your baby to start peeing on certain objects because they are potty-like, but that's another story for another day.

1 comment: