Pregnancy is a wonderful time for a married couple. Sure, there are the mood swings, uncontrollable horomones, and sometimes downright crankiness, but there are things a good husband can do for his wife. He might not be able to take his woman's place although he claims he would, but there are 5 great gifts that can help a woman get through the next nine months before the joyous arrival.
1. Sea Bands. I cannot say enough good things about this product. Morning sickness is, in a word, horrible. Sea-Bands help eliminate the ever present feeling of nausea that can make the first trimester miserable.
2. Pregnancy books: After a few weeks, it's time to start the required reading for pregnancy. My favorites were What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition, She's Having a Baby - and I'm Having a Breakdown, and
Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth.
3. After a couple of months, the novelty of pregnancy wears off somewhat. Then the best gifts are the ones that can actually get her mind off of pregnancy, childbirth, all that could possibly go wrong, and of course, all those other things that go running through her head. On top of all that she's exhausted from those pregnancy hormones. All she feels like doing, more than likely, is lying on the couch. If she's a reader, why not get her Kindle like the one below?
This can help make room for baby by storing over 3,500 books in this portable, 7.5"x4.8" device.
4. By the time she's well into the second trimester, she's bound to start getting backaches, pains, and just general discomfort. One of the best ways to relax her is by heat therapy. Enter the bed buddy:
I can say from experience that the Bed Buddy can make those aches and pains go away, and a husband that will go toss the Bed Buddy in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds will score some major brownie points with his wife! You can even toss it in the freezer to use it as a cold pack! It's a multitasker!
5. The homestretch is the last 3 weeks before delivery. A woman at this stage usually feels like a beached whale. She only wants to keep her mind busy so that she won't feel like these last couple weeks are excruciatingly slow. But she's so tired at this point that she can't really focus on books. This is the point when she wants mindless entertainment. What she wants is an iPhone. I mean really, these things are incredible. There are tons of free games (mindless entertainment) and she can also facebook about pregnancy from the comfort of her bed, couch, or wherever else she happens to flop down. As a bonus, she'll keep this addictive phone with her at all times, so she can call her husband when she thinks she's going into labor (and then again when she's actually going into labor!) She'll also get plenty of use out of it after the baby is born, since she can take pictures of the bundle of joy and post it on facebook with the same handy gadget. This is a good thing for new mothers with "mommy brain." She'll be lucky if she can remember whether or not she had breakfast that morning; remembering to upload photos from her digital camera will be way down there on the list, right after, "remember to find digital camera and take pictures of new baby."
So there you have it: 5 great gifts for your pregnant wife. If you have any others to add, please comment below!